Federal Funding for Electric Transportation in Florida
The Southeast Sustainability Directors Network, Florida Sustainability Directors Network, and the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy hosted a webinar for local government staff and leadership to identify federal funding streams to support electric transportation initiatives and how to strategically position local municipalities for the opportunity.
More cities are incorporating electric transportation solutions into their communities from transit buses to electric bikes. Both the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and Inflation Reduction Act contain several new programs and levers to support those actions.
Hear from the state liaisons who are working with the federal government to learn more about program eligibility, match requirements, application timing, and other details. The webinar also provided guidance on what steps to take to best position your municipality for competitive funding.
Due to technical difficulties, only a portion of this webinar was recorded.
- April Combs, Florida Department of Transportation, [email protected]
- Kelley Smith Burk, Florida Office of Energy, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, [email protected]
- Michael Dexter, Southeast Sustainability Directors Network, [email protected]
- Dory Larsen, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Moderator, [email protected]
This webinar focused on understanding the federal funding opportunities that can help build your municipality’s transportation electrification capacity including:
- Explanation of several funding opportunities
- What key partnerships to begin building now
- Real and perceived barriers and how to address them
The Florida Department of Transportation is hosting info sessions for five different Florida cities on new discretionary grant programs and an update to the Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) policy and the proposed SIS Cost Feasible Plan that prioritizes future investments in SIS facilities.
Learn more about the info sessions and take the survey to let FDOT know what session(s) you’re interested in and at what locations.
Electrify the South is a Southern Alliance for Clean Energy program that leverages research, advocacy, and outreach to promote renewable energy and accelerate the equitable transition to electric transportation throughout the Southeast. Visit ElectrifytheSouth.org to learn more and connect with us.