Presentation by Research Director John D. Wilson to the 2010 NAESCO Southeast Workshop. Highlights include:
- Benefits of energy efficiency to the Southeast, as found by the “Efficiency in the South” report by Georgia Tech & Duke University.
- Status of utility energy efficiency programs.
- Future impacts of planned utility energy efficiency programs, in terms of energy savings, likely financial investment, and reduction in need to build new power plants.
- Comparison of energy efficiency with nuclear energy.
- Myths and reasons for the slow pace in the Southeast.
- What NAESCO companies can do to make a difference.