Watch a conversation with U.S. Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock on clean energy and jobs in Georgia held on Wednesday, July 28.
Senator Warnock was joined by several clean energy business leaders to discuss the job creation, economic, and environmental justice benefits of federal investments in clean energy as well as clean transportation and infrastructure.
Senator Warnock and the panelists made clear in the conversation:
We don’t have a lot of time to embrace this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take meaningful action on climate.
Watch to hear the latest news from Congress directly from Senator Warnock in this conversation hosted by Georgia Conservation Voters, Partnership for Southern Equity, and Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
Clean energy sources like solar, wind, energy efficiency, and electric transportation already support thousands of jobs in the Peach State, and additional investments from the federal government have the potential to greatly increase the number of jobs and lead to healthier outcomes for our communities.
We encourage you to connect, learn more, and take action with the panelists and co-hosts:
- Dr. Katharine Wilkinson, Author, professor, co-founder of The All We Can Save Project, and co-host of the podcast, A Matter of Degrees
- Emilie O’Leary, CEO of Sunshine Solar LLC
- Trevor Rudderham, Senior Vice President for Electrification at Blue Bird Corporation
- A Matter of Degrees, Green Jobs…For All?: Dr. Wilkinson interviews Chandra Farley from Partnership for Southern Equity about a Clean Electricity Standard, the American Jobs Plan, and Equity
- Minority Women in Solar: Emilie O’Leary tells stories from women working in the solar industry
- Greater Greener Georgia: Hear the latest news on environment and policy in Georgia on this podcast from Georgia Conservation Voters
- What is a Clean Electricity Standard?: View Southern Alliance for Clean Energy’s Fact Sheet
- “Achieving 100% Clean Electricity in the Southeast”: Read and watch Southern Alliance for Clean Energy’s report and companion webinars, including Southern Company, to see how major Southeast utilities have the ability to reach 100% clean electricity sooner than they are on track for