Location: Southeast (Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: (depending on experience, plus medical and retirement benefits)
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE)- a regional, nonprofit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible energy choices to ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast – seeks a highly motivated, organized and creative individual to serve full time Regional Major Gifts Director.
The scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, the following essential duties:
- Build and Implement a Major Giving Program
- Identify major gift prospects, qualify their giving potential, assess the appropriate interest match within SACE, and develop and implement strategies to optimize gift closure
- Manage and open the door with existing portfolio of major gift prospects
- Work collaboratively with SACE staff and offer prospect strategy counsel to the Executive Director and Senior Director of Development & Operations
- Perform other professional duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years experience in major and/or planned gift fundraising
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to secure gifts from individuals, corporations and other private funding sources
- Experience in the full spectrum of Development work, including solicitations, stewardship and donor recognition
- Understanding of climate and energy issues
- Willing to travel
ABOUT SOUTHERN ALLIANCE FOR CLEAN ENERGY
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. References are required and a background check may be performed.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Regional Major Gifts Director. Please include at least 3 professional references and salary expectations.