SACE staffers are getting charged up for this year’s National Drive Electric Week, September 10-18th. We hope our supporters across the Southeast will make plans to attend these fun and informative events that promote electric vehicles.
Specifically in our region, SACE is co-organizing Drive Electric events in Alpharetta, Georgia (metro Atlanta) and Asheville, North Carolina. To learn more about these specific events, visit our Facebook pages linked below.
Saturday, Sept 10th from 9AM-3PM – Alpharetta, GA at the Avalon [RSVP & SHARE on Facebook]
2016 is the 6th year fro Atlanta Drive Electric Week events. This year, the event will take place Avalon in Alpharetta. Avalon hosts metro Atlanta’s newest Tesla store and 10 level 2 electric vehicle charging stations installed throughout the venue. The Drive Electric Week-Alpharetta event will offer spaces for 48 electric vehicles in the high traffic main thoroughfare, along with event sponsor exhibits occupying the unique ‘green space’ lined by restaurants, cinema and Avalon’s Welcome Center.
Presenting sponsor: Georgia Power Electric Transportation
Major sponsors: Hannah Solar and United BMW
Supporting sponsor: Metro Plug-In and Chargepoint
Organizing sponsors: Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE), Clean Cities-Georgia, EV Club of the South, EV Transportation Coalition, and the the Sierra Club-Georgia Chapter.
Sunday, Sept 11th from 12PM-4PM – Asheville, NC at the Asheville Outlets: [RSVP and SHARE on Facebook]
Asheville’s 3rd annual Drive Electric Event will occur on Sunday, September 11th from Noon-4PM. This FREE show is hosted by by the Asheville Outlets Mall, Land of Sky Clean Vehicles Coalition, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy and the Blue Ridge EV club. Join us for a fun-filled, electrifying afternoon! Here’s what to expect:
- Talk with owners & dealers about the pleasure of driving electric cars and see these plug-ins up close
- Ride in zero-emission vehicles between 1 and 4 pm
- Get answers to all your questions on cost of operation, savings, available cars, area charging locations, home-charging options, rebates and tax incentives
- See some specialty electric vehicles
- Learn about the various kinds of chargers available to EV owners. The following charges are available at the Asheville Outlest: Four, Level 2 charging stations owned by Asheville Outlets (free with a Chargepoint network card), CHAdeMO/CCS DC Fast Charger (NRG eVgo session fee applies), Tesla Supercharger (8 stations).
- Meet members of the Blue Ridge EV Club & join up for free
- Explore the new Asheville Outlets and one of more than 75 stores. Look for outlet-wide sales this day!
- Enjoy a meal in the food court or area restaurants and spend the afternoon.
- RAIN DATE: September 18 noon to 4 pm
For other events around the Southeast, check out the map below or go here.