This blog was written by Anne Blair, former Director of the Clean Fuels Program at the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.Guest Blog | December 26, 2017
Ringing in the New Year with hope is a longstanding tradition that has existed since ancient times. In Rome, they celebrated the god of change and beginnings, Janus, for whom the month was named. His two faces symbolized looking back into the past and looking ahead to the new, and this symbolic time for the Romans gave birth to the tradition of making promises to improve one’s life in the new year. The tradition has endured and as we pause for reflection it’s time to decide on our New Year’s Resolution for 2018.
If you haven’t already worked one out (perhaps even if you have), we invite you to Resolve to Drive an Electric Car in 2018. This is an easy resolution you can actually keep. We’ve gone so far as to draw up a fun top 10 list that is sure to delight.
Top Ten Reasons to Resolve to Drive An Electric Car in 2018
10. It’s easy and you will love the ride!
9. You can tell your friends and family how tech savvy you are!
8. You will experience first-hand how quiet & FUN they are to drive.
7. Many dealerships have free popcorn!
6. You could test drive a friend’s electric car. (They might not have popcorn.)
5. Nissan will come to you. Just register for a test drive here: https://allnewleafdrive.com/
4. It’s free entertainment. You’ll need it after the holiday hangover.
3. The pride of emissions free driving.
2. It’s not a diet. Period.
1. It only takes an hour or so but might change your whole year!
Hopefully, this will inspire you to get behind the wheel of an electric car and you can see for yourself what the buzz is all about. Cars are the biggest source of carbon dioxide pollution in the United States. They also keep us dependent on dirty oil imports and looking backwards while the rest of the world is moving toward electrification. Electric cars can propel us into the future of cleaner, more affordable transportation. Each of us, as drivers, has the power to affect change. Just like Janus we can look to the future and choose to make a better choice for the upcoming year and beyond!
Take the NextCar Pledge to learn more and then visit us at Electrify the South for more information about electric cars, how to charge an electric vehicle, news about electric cars, and upcoming events. And, be sure to share your experience on Facebook or email us.
Cheers to an electric 2018!