The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to develop, grow, and maintain our communications efforts across the Southeast region.Michelle Powell | January 20, 2023
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to develop, grow, and maintain our communications efforts across the Southeast region.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) is a regional, not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible and equitable energy choices to ensure clean, safe, and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. As a leading voice for energy policy in our region, SACE is focused on transforming the way we produce and consume energy in the Southeast.
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications team and program staff to develop and implement internal and external communication plans to accomplish program and organizational goals. Responsibilities include:
- Organize and coordinate the scheduling and fulfillment of multiple requests from program staff and external communications.
- Track the communication team’s tasks on short and long-term timelines based on Director’s priorities.
- Assist in writing and sending engaging content for emails, newsletters, press releases, website, and blog content as suited for SACE’s target audiences.
- Support with general communications team responsibilities, including editing and formatting website and staff’s blog content.
- Assist with graphics needs for use in member communications, such as sourcing photos, designing materials, or formatting website updates.
- Be able to work with flexibility and the ability to quickly pivot to shifting priorities and tasks within different issue sets.
- Enthusiasm to assist in developing an ongoing inspirational and informative campaign to communicate SACE’s vision for the equitable and comprehensive transition to a clean energy future.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience working with or writing for environmental or energy-related audiences a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills to be able to effectively coordinate requests from program staff and schedule external communications.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines with flexibility, integrity, accountability, and a commitment to maintaining quality.
- Work well independently, and as part of a geographically-dispersed team.
- Graphic and video content creation and editing experience is a plus.
- Ability to maintain organizational tone and brand consistency for different audiences. (Ability to communicate in other languages is a plus but not required.)
- Commitment to advancing clean and equitable energy as a climate solution, and to SACE’s mission and DEI principles.
- Proficiency with Google Drive is required.
- Experience with WordPress, Canva or Adobe Suite products, and CRM platforms like EveryAction or ActBlue, is a plus.
- Desire to grow and strengthen your skill set to support the evolving needs of the organization.
A passion for clean energy, environmental, and public interest issues is essential for
understanding and conveying SACE’s unique multi-program focus (electric transportation, solar and wind, energy efficiency, utility decarbonization, and environmental justice.)
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. SACE is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, veteran, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Position.” References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by our HR Director as well as a senior member of our staff.
This is a full-time position that may be based at our SACE office in Knoxville, Tennessee, or a co-working space in Atlanta, Georgia. Remote work is an option for candidates located in the Southeast.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000. SACE offers a full benefits package including health insurance, 401k matching, paid vacation, paid sick leave, sabbatical, and generous holiday time off. Additionally, SACE will provide support for training to deepen skillset when appropriate.