The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy – a regional, nonprofit that promotes responsible energy choices to ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast – seeks a highly motivated, organized, and creative individual to serve as a Communications Associate or, depending on experience, Communications Manager. This person will join a team of three people who collaboratively manage the communication team’s operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Manage organization’s social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and LinkedIn)
- Create and curate engaging content optimized for social media, including graphics and videos, from concept to launch
- Manage social media ad campaigns, including content creation, ad setting and monitoring, data analysis, and budget optimization
- Format and send electronic communications (including emails and e-newsletters) to supporters and members using SACE’s customer relationship management platform
- Serve as a staff photographer and videographer at events
- Collaborate on the design and production of issue-based reports (2 to 4 annually) including layout, copyediting, and creation of infographics and videos optimized for social media
- Design and layout content for one-pagers, factsheets, palm cards, and other print materials as needed for campaign and fundraising efforts
- Develop print and digital deliverables for fundraising appeals collaborating with the development team to craft strategy, develop content, and track success
- Manage SACE’s primary website, cleanenergy.org, and oversee updates; manage SACE’s campaign-focused, satellite websites
- Coordinate earned media responses including press statements, press events, and press hit archiving
- Commitment to advancing clean energy as a climate solution
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; Attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines with a commitment to maintaining quality
- 2-5 years of professional experience with a solid understanding of digital and social media platforms is required
- Experience in graphic design, video editing, digital or issue campaigns, or a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Work well independently, and as part of a geographically-dispersed team
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Microsoft Word, WordPress, and a basic customer relationship management (CRM) platform is required
- Proficiency with a CRM like EveryAction or ActBlue, Excel, Adobe Suite products, Wix.com, or HTML/CSS is preferred
SALARY / BENEFITS: This is a full-time position and may be based in one of SACE’s two offices (Asheville, North Carolina or Knoxville, Tennessee). Remote work may be considered for highly-qualified candidates located in the Southeast. Salary offer will be commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast and include a full benefits package, vacation, and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to [email protected] by March 2, 2020, with the subject line Communications Position. References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by our HR Director as well as a senior member of our staff.
ABOUT SOUTHERN ALLIANCE FOR CLEAN ENERGY
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.